9 Reasons to Create a Cultural Corridor in Your Region
1. Tourists have more reasons to visit than if they planned a trip to a single city.
2. Visitors are attracted to authentic, local experiences, and the opportunity to design their own holiday.
3. Cultural travelers stay longer, and spend more than the average traveler.
4. Educational opportunities with teaching artists inspire visitors to stay in the region for 3-7 days, and spend money on lodging, restaurants, and shopping.
5. Artists benefit economically from visitors to open studios, studio tours, festivals, markets, and gallery openings.
6. The local real estate market grows as visitors fall in love with your region, and decide to stay.
7. Journalists and bloggers cover a continuous flow of new events and experiences, and bring press coverage to your region.
8. Entrepreneurs create new cultural experiences with larger markets, and increase jobs.
9. People from across the region working together creates community and promotes cross-cultural understanding.