You can’t beat the yummy smell and bubbly goodness of handmade soap. I love it, don’t you?
According to the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild, Inc.:
“The industry of handcrafted soap is growing and expanding; the number of handcrafted soapmakers has increased exponentially over the last 10 years and the support services for them, including vendors of all types, has become an industry unto its own.”
If you are an aspiring handcrafted soapmaker, or just a lover of handmade soap(!), below is a sampler of soapmakers’ blogs to inspire you to start your own:
- DeShawn Marie Handcrafted Soap. She also has a Twitter feed, @deshawnmarie, a Facebook Page, and an Etsy shop.
- The Handmade Soap Blog. They also have a Twitter feed, @pixiesoap, (with an awesome photo of Mint Chocolate Chunk soap as its background), a Facebook Page, a Flickr photostream page, and an Etsy shop.
- Yummy Suds. They also have a Twitter feed, @yummysuds, a Facebook Page, and an Etsy shop.
- The Soap Seduction. She also has a Twitter feed, @soapseduction, a Flickr photostream, and an Etsy shop.
- Susan’s Natural Soap Blog. She also has a Twitter feed, @susansoaps, a Facebook Page, and a YouTube channel.
- The Back Porch Soap Company blog is actually focused on how to start and run your own soap company. They also have a Facebook Page, and a Twitter feed, @BackPorchSoap.
According to the Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild Blog post, Announcing the 2010 HSMG Conference Speaker Line-Up and It’s Good!, they will have some sessions about how soapmakers can use social media, if you want to learn more about how to use tools like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to promote your business.
Let me know about other yummy soapmaking blogs in the comments!