PHOTO CREDIT: Larry Lamsa
1. Farmers benefit economically from more visitors coming to their farms to pick and buy produce; take classes; and in some cases, stay over on the farm.
2. Farm and winery visitors infuse cash into the region by shopping, eating in restaurants, and staying overnight in hotels.
3. Farm to Table programs expand.
4. Vineyard visitors increase brand awareness and sales of local wines.
5. Farmers markets become a must-do local experience.
6. Land, native foods, and seed growing traditions are preserved.
7. Farmers’ off-season income is diversified, and farming becomes a more sustainable form of livelihood.
8. An increased demand for farm internships educates a new generation of farmers.
9. Healthy small farms provide local food for your community.