Did you know that according to an April 2009 survey by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, 62% of adult internet users have watched videos on online video-sharing sites like YouTube?
Below are 10 ideas for how to promote your art with online video compiled from The Artist’s Guide to YouTube, How to Use Online Video to Promote Your Art, 4 Ways You Can Use YouTube to Promote Your Art Online, and Visual Art Marketing Tool, the Vlog.
1. Tell the story behind your work
2. Film your artist statement
3. Film a tour of your studio
4. Demonstrate your process
5. Share footage from openings and event
6. Make a tutorial/how-to video
7. Keep a video diary
8. Record testimonials
9. Make a slideshow of photos (if you don’t have a video camera)
10. Review someone else’s art
What are some examples you’ve seen of artists and artisans using online video to promote their work?
Image: Screenshot of YouTube video of Favianna Rodriguez showing the artistic process for some of her most popular works.